lunes, noviembre 03, 2008

Swimming Upstream

I very rarely ever talk about politics, mostly because I'm a person who tends to avoid conflict. But this election season has really stirred up my political thinking. It had already started in me during the 2004 general elections, but now it's official... I've metamorphasized from a Christian registered Republican to a Christian registered Democrat.

When in our history did the words Christian and Democrat become incompatible? When did labels become more important than issues? When did 'liberal' become a dirty word?

Donald Miller is a Christian author and speaker. A few years back I read his book, "Blue Like Jazz", and every few pages I would say something like, "Yes! So True! Totally agree". And this past summer I read, "Searching for God Knows What", and the same words kept coming out of my mouth. So I was pleasantly surprised to see that he gave the closing prayer at the Democratic National Convention.


This is post that Don wrote on his blog today that explains how he went from Republican to Democrat. Read it. He writes much better than I do :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Matthew said...

Courtney,

Thanks for pointing out that Don Miller post.

Matt

1:44 p. m.  

Publicar un comentario

<< Home

having a baby