miércoles, julio 23, 2008

Taking the Train


Every few months or so we have a board meeting with all 3 Heads of Studies and the Directors in La Coruña. The main reason I like these meetings, apart from all of the brainstorming we get done, is that I take the train. It's about a one hour commute there and one hour back. So that's two hours of alone time, where my cell phone has no signal (because of all the tunnels) so no one can call from work, no students or teachers coming to me with their problems, no dishes to clean and no laundry to be done. Just 2 hours of sitting back and reading a book or listening to my iPod and watching the green landscape out the window.

I'm a person who needs time during the day to be alone. Where I work that's utterly impossible! I'm with people and talking ALL DAY LONG. I'm not complaining, because I have some really awesome co-workers...I couldn't ask for better relationships in the workplace. But after all that talking, I come home and, of course, I want to spend time with Jose, so that means more talking! For those of you who know me... I'm not a talker. I could spend hours on end.... in silence :)

So I have to admit that those 2 hours of silence were a little piece of heaven. But I'm really glad to be home back in Santiago, and anxiously waiting for Jose to get home, because I really want to talk some more.
having a baby