domingo, noviembre 14, 2004

Sunday with Friends




Every Sunday Jose and I normally get together with our friends Jose and Montse...and now their new addition to the family...Antón.



We normally just go for a walk around the old city and chat. The two Joses are always about a half a mile ahead of Montse and I talking about politics. Both Joses love to talk about politics. Which is good for me...that way they can talk about the latest towncouncil scandal while Montse and I enjoy each others company. Montse's a talker, which is great for me because...well...I'm not. I've always been a really good listener, but talking is just not my strong area. That's why I like Montse so much. She can talk about anything for any amount of time. Today the topic was about how her Jose fussed about having to wake up in the middle of the night to hold 1 month old Antón while she went to the bathroom...whooo...she went on and on about that one!




It was an absolutely beautiful day...still no rain! After walking for about 30 minutes we decided on a café (there are about 1000 cafés in Santiago...not kidding!) We were quite shocked to see a transvestite walk in the door with a miniskirt, knee high boots and 5 o'clock shadow!! We wanted to take a picture but decided against it.





I really enjoy our Sunday get togethers.



I spent the rest of the afternoon curled up on the couch with my fishfarming notes and a hot cup of tea studying the environmental effects salmon have on the marine community...oooo fun.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anónimo said...

Exquisite pictures Courtney, love the top four and the three before the last one. Since I have sadly still not been out of the US everything beyond it seems like an unreal fairytale. I love taking in things that make it a little more tangible. My husband wants to take me to Scotland so hopefully that will be the beginning of many travels.

Sometimes I see the best photo opportunities like your transvestite but the circumstances at times make it rude so I don't, which makes me want to be invisible.

-Gypsy

12:54 a. m.  

Publicar un comentario

<< Home

having a baby