viernes, noviembre 19, 2004

Childlike Joy

One of the things I enjoy most about being an adult is, of course, the independance. And with that independance comes the freedom of setting up Christmas decorations as early as I desire...




It had always been the "rule" that the Christmas tree would go up after Thanksgiving. I guess the lifespan of a real cut tree had a lot to do with that. But due to the lack of trees here in Galicia as a result of forest fires every summer, buying a real tree is looked down upon. So that means my fake tree can live for many years and I can put it up in July if I feel like it!

OK, so July is a little too early, even for me. But I love Christmas. I feel like a little girl everytime I see the decorations in the store windows. I just get this real childlike joy everytime the holidays come around.



My way of seeing it is that if the stores have their Christmas decorations up, why can't I?? So yesterday I let the child in me take over. I turned on my Christmas music and went to work decorating and singing. Little things make me happy. Christmas lights is one of those things. If it were up to me I'd probably have little lights twinkling all throughout the year. Just seeing them puts a smile on my face. You can imagine the thrill when I discovered that they have 8 twinkle settings! 8 times the pleasure!




I'm sure my neighbors think I'm crazy, but oh well. I think it's silly to have to follow social standards like that. I always wore white sandals after labor day. So now I can add to the list of NO NOs...decorates for Christmas mid-November.





Now if I can just figure out where I'm going to hang my stash of colored twinkling lights...

1 Comments:

Blogger jmbollman said...

i'm glad you decorate early. i think you should enjoy it for as long as possible.

5:34 a. m.  

Publicar un comentario

<< Home

having a baby