domingo, noviembre 28, 2004

The Great Escape



Ever since I can remember my dad has wanted a sailboat. Every time we'd see one his eyes would light up and he'd say, "Court, I'm gonna get a sailboat one of these days." He's got the passion...he just lacks the boat and well, sailing lessons.

There's just something about the open ocean that attracts us. I have the same passion my dad has. It's not so much the actual boat, rather the greatness of the ocean that I love. I love everything about it...it's beauty, it's mystery, the life it contains, it's expansion, it's powerfulness. Something so amazing could only be the work of God. One minute it's as calm as a bathtub and the next it's strength and fury explode. The ocean's a world that's bigger and more complex than the land and over half of it has yet to be explored.

That's why I chose to study biology and oceanography. That's why Jacques Cousteau was always my hero. And that's why I take pictures of boats. Boats are our outlet to sea...our great escape.







1 Comments:

Anonymous Anónimo said...

Love this entry not only for the pictures but because I love being out on the water and boats also. While my husband was in Iraq I took up crew for the first time. It wasn't the ocean but being out on the river in a crew boat was exhilarating. Rowing was the best stress reliever I had from worrying about my husband. I learned to row in a two-man crew boat and actually participated in a few regattas. The best was rowing on my own though. Once I was coming in before a storm and it was so beautiful and I also loved to row under the bridges and hear myself echo. I can't wait to live where there is water to row on again.

-Michelle

9:10 p. m.  

Publicar un comentario

<< Home

having a baby